The PROFIBUS USB adapter isPro USBx12 has been replaced by the successor model isPro USBv4
Desktop PCs, as well as notebook devices, can be connected to a PROFIBUS fieldbus within seconds based on the plug & play features of USB. Operational areas are mobile set up and configuration of field devices. More more complex operations the parallel use of up to 16 PROFIBUS USB adapters connected to one PC is also possible. The adapters are USB bus poweredand are not dependent on external power connections.
The interface supports the Master functionality of the PROFIBUS Standard
DP (class 1 and 2) and DP/V1 (class 2). Its high transmission rate of up to 12 Mbit/s
is of special interest for fast application in the manufacturing process like drive set-up and diagnosis. To guarantee short cycle times and low latency, the PROFIBUS firmware is running on a dedicated Microcontroller. A Dual Ported RAM decouples the firmware from the performance of the PC.
For data access to connected PROFIBUS slaves, an optional OPC-Server Pro Multiserver
is available. Furthermore, the driver software contains a communication DTM Pro CommDTM
for data access according to standard FDT 1.2, that is commonly used for parameterization of PROFIBUS slaves. Also, the PROFIBUS USB adapter can be integrated easily into own applications due to the uniform API-DLL. A developer manual with the description of the function calls is available as well as header files and examples in C/C++ source code.
- before using the interface just install the supplied software
- with the USB cable attach the isProUSBx12 to the PC
- the isPro USBx12 can be used as an additional master and can be connected to an existing PROFIBUS network
- the connector pin assignment is conforming to the PROFIBUS standard
- configure the interface in the installed driver software
- with the supplied test software you can search for connected PROFIBUS slaves (Live list)