The isNet Lite is an Ethernet gateway in a compact modular housing. It can be used for multiple purposes of remote monitoring and control. Depending on the application the isNet Lite is always used together with one or more fieldbus modules, where the isNet Lite is always the head module. Up to five different fieldbus modules can be connected, the modules can be freely combined. The modules are intended for use in industrial environments, they are mounted on a DIN rail, fans were deliberately omitted.
On Ethernet, the module supports the protocols PROFINET, Modbus TCP and HART over IP. Along with the various fieldbus modules, almost any gatewayssuch as PROFINET to PROFIBUS PA, HART to Modbus TCP or Ethernet to FOUNDATION Fieldbus can be realized. Simultaneous access from e.g. a PROFINET controller together with parameter access via FDT of an engineering workstation will of course also be supported. So the PROFINET controller can exchange process data from a field device while simultaneously a PC can read or write device parameters.
- stationary monitoring with an oscilloscope
- modular construction of PROFIBUS repeaters
- building Ethernet to HART gateways replacement to HART multiplexers
- head module with PROFINET-IO device and mapping layer for PROFIBUS and HART
- expansion module isNet H@rt for direct integration of HART field devices
- expansion module isNet DiagM PA for direct integration of PROFIBUS PA field devices