The CAN dongle isCAN USB with the USB interface grants a fast access to any CAN/CANopen based network. Mobile set-up as well as monitoring are supported. Desktop PCs and notebook devices without installed CAN adapter can be taken into the field and connected with the CAN network within seconds. It is connected to the CAN bus with a 9 pin D-Sub connector according to the CiA specification DS-102. The integrated optocoupler provides galvanic isolation of the CAN network. The device is bus powered, thus not depending on external power supplies, LEDs indicate the actual working condition of the interface and transmission errors.
The isCAN USB interface supports the CAN specification 2.0A (11 bit ID) and 2.0B (29 bit ID). It supports transmission rates of up to 1 MBit/s. The driver software contains a standardized RP1210 driver, that facilitates the use of the J1939 protocol and the ISO15765-2 protocol.
With the included driver DLL user-specific applications can be integrated easily. For application developers, there are header files and documentation available as well as examples in C/C++, C# and VB.Net. Also, an integration into Labview is supported by a Labview driver package. Optionally an OPC server software (isCAN Server) is available.
- before using the interface just install the supplied software
- attach the isCAN USB to the PC or laptop
- connect the isCAN USB to the CAN network according to the pin assignment
- configure the interface in the installed driver software
- with the supplied test software you can check successful installation and operation