isPro USBx12 – PROFIBUS USB interface with Master functionality
Desktop PCs, as well as notebook devices, can be connected to a PROFIBUS fieldbus within seconds based on the plug & play features of USB. Operational areas are mobile set up and configuration of field devices. More more complex operations the parallel use of up to 16 PROFIBUS USB adapters connected to one PC is also possible. The adapters are USB bus powered and are not dependent on external power connections.
The interface supports the Master functionality of the PROFIBUS Standard DP (class 1 and 2) and DP/V1 (class 2). Its high transmission rate of up to 12 Mbit/s is of special interest for fast application in the manufacturing process like drive set-up and diagnosis. To guarantee short cycle times and low latency, the PROFIBUS firmware is running on a dedicated Microcontroller. A Dual Ported RAM decouples the firmware from the performance of the PC.
For data access to connected PROFIBUS slaves, an optional OPC-Server isPro Multiserver is available. Furthermore, the driver software contains a communication DTM isPro CommDTM for data access according to standard FDT 1.2, that is commonly used for parameterization of PROFIBUS slaves. Also, the PROFIBUS USB adapter can be integrated easily into own applications due to the uniform API-DLL. A developer manual with the description of the function calls is available as well as header files and examples in C/C++ source code.
- Article Number: 10300-0401
- interface: USB
- controller: MC68302, ASPC2
- RAM: 16 kByte dual ported
- connector: 1 RS-485
- fieldbus protocols: PROFIBUS DP (class 1 + 2) and DP V1 Master (class 2), DP Slave, FMS Master
- transmission rate: 9,6 kbit/s – 12,0 Mbit/s
- galvanic decoupling: Optocoupler
- power supply: via USB
- dimensions: 105 x 55 x 31mm
- driver software: XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- delivery contents: PROFIBUS USB adapter, driver-, configuration- and test software, header files and examples for integration into customer software, documentation German and English on CD,
- before using the interface just install the supplied software
- with the USB cable attach the isProUSBx12 to the PC
- the isPro USBx12 can be used as an additional master and can be connected to an existing PROFIBUS network
- the connector pin assignment is conforming to the PROFIBUS standard
- configure the interface in the installed driver software
- with the supplied test software you can search for connected PROFIBUS slaves (Live list)